Do you routinely enjoy a cup of coffee? You might be absolutely overwhelmed with all the ideas and choices that are out there in the wide world of coffee. Keep reading into this article, though, as there are ideas that can simplify and enhance your coffee habit in life.
Must read Ideas for Great cup of Coffee
- If you are drinking coffee for the caffeine content, keep in mind that the darker a coffee is, the less caffeine it has in it. This is because the amount of caffeine is diminished when the coffee is roasted for longer. Most people have the misconception that it is the total opposite.
- If you tend to drink a lot of coffee, you should invest in a quality coffee machine and make your own coffee at home. Go to a coffee shop only occasionally, for instance on weekends or when you go out with some friends. This should help you save a lot.
- The best way to get iced coffee in a hurry is to make it ahead of time via cold brewing. This involves brewing with just grounds, water, a fine filter, and if you like, some milk. You can easily do this before bed. By the next morning, you’ll have refreshing iced coffee that is ready to drink.
- For the best coffee flavor, buy whole beans. Then, grind only the amount that you plan on using. You will find that your coffee has a stronger flavor. You will also use less product to make that fabulous taste. Additionally, you can create custom blends using different beans, so that you can impress your friends.
- When you are done with your coffee grinds, do not throw them away. What many people do not know is that used coffee grinds have many uses. They can be used for gardening, getting hardened food off your dishes and removing foul smells. Simply put them in a ziplock bag and put it in a cabinet.
- One way to ensure that your iced coffee does not become watery when you place the hot coffee over ice is to use ice cubes made from coffee. To make coffee ice cubes, simply pour freshly brewed room temperature coffee into your ice cube trays and freeze. When you are ready to enjoy an iced coffee, place the frozen coffee ice cubes in a glass and fill with your freshly brewed coffee.
- Consider investing in a coffee grinder if you want incredible flavour. Doing so, you will be able to grind your beans as you need them. You will be amazed at the difference between coffee brewed from fresh beans and that made from a canned or bagged grind. You owe it to yourself.
- Good water is just as important as quality coffee when it comes to brewing a great cup. If the water you are using is not very tasty, you cannot expect to end up with a quality cup of Joes. The best coffee is made with spring water or tap water that has been run through a filter.
- Never drink coffee in the eight hours prior to going to bed. The half-life of caffeine can range from 30 minutes to 8 hours, so this is the only sure fire way of having it out of your system when it is time to rest. Otherwise, you are going to need even more caffeine the next day. A coffee habit can be a little healthy, but caffeine dependency is bad news.
- If you are having a hard time making the jump over to decaffeinated coffee you are in luck. Just use half decaf beans and half regular beans in your coffee grinder to make a “semi” caffeine brew. If your coffee is already ground, use half parts of each.